Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Scenes from Upper Newport Back Bay, Newport Beach, CA

Not everything is the OC is expensive cars, overpriced housing, endless shopping malls, and bikinis on the beach. There in the heart of Newport Beach is the Upper Newport Back Bay Ecological Reserve where I first learned to bird and to love birding. In the mid 70s, I was introduced to birds and birding by a college friend, Doug. I've birded ever since and have wonderful memories of the years I spent walking, biking, and driving along the road that lines the eastern shore of the bay. On a recent visit to So Cal, Jerry and I spent a lovely morning walking along the shore and exploring a short nature trail that has been built since the last time I visited. Here are some of the photos of shorebirds, egrets, and ducks from this lovely spot.
























No comments: