Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Errands and Eating

Landed in LA on Sunday evening. Temps have been lovely...in the 60s (around 48 at night so everyone here thinks its really cold...I just say its 40 degrees warmer than the last place I was...seems like nice weather to me). Have had a round of doctor's appts (just routine) with mom, errands (Costco, grocery, etc), visiting with friends, and eating! Let's get straight to the eating:


In-n-Out burgers. My favorite. Mom and I headed there for dinner on Monday. Hamburgers, french fries and a vanilla milk shake (so I can dunk my french fries IN the milk shake). I really miss In-n-Outs...I wish they'd come back east!

In-n-Out Burgers, Aliso Viejo, CA


Wahoos. A great chain for carnitas tacos, great burriots, and fish tacos (their original claim to fame). The chain started in the late 70s early 80s with a single storefront in Costa Mesa. Now, the family owned chain, has many spots all over So Cal.



Zinc's. This was one of our favorite spots for coffee and cafe au lait when we lived in Laguna in the 80s. Great breakfasts too. Located in downtown Laguna Beach...it was "our" spot. Glad to see its still hear and still great.



Mange Bene. Went to dinner with Carol and Jerry last night to this Italian restaurant in Laguna Niguel (on La Paz road). I had the best grilled pork loin chop...it couldn't have been more tender if it was jello! pasta was good too. warm atmosphere, high ceilings, a good chianti by the glass, casual dining. full bar.

No comments: