Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Remember This Little Guy?

Its my little pal from Italy: Topo Gigio. When I was growing up, he was one of my favorite acts from the old Ed Sullivan show. Always so sweet and endearing. Gooooood Night, EDdeeeee!


I saw Topo in a shop window in Old Montreal. When I inquired, they said they had two "models". One soft cuddly Topo who chatters in Italian when you press his hand (On the Ed Sullivan show, Topo, of course, spoke heavily accented English). The smaller model was a "standing" Topo who dances and sings. Sounds cute, except that he sings (in Italian) Billy Ray Cyrus' Achy Breaky Heart. I'm mean REALLY...that is just wrong on many levels. So I brought home the cuddly and chatty little Topo. I wonder what he is saying?????

2 comments:

Luke said...

Hi,
I was curious of the Topo Gigio doll. Do you remember the location or the name of the store. I'm trying to get something similar for my girl. Thanks.

Annette B said...

It was in a store on the "river" side of rue notredame (same side of street at the basillica) on the block between Rue St Sulpice and St Laurent. If I remember right, it was closer to st sulpice than st laurent. It wasn't a typical "tourist shop" but it was a little. Godd luck.