Monday, June 9, 2008

More great food!




Saturday morning we rose early enough to be at Monell's at 8:30 for their famous country breakfast. I can guarantee you it was ONLY the promise of their cheese grits and fried chicken (yes for breakfast) that got me up at 7:30 in the morning after Friday nights LATE concert. Monell's is located in the Old Germantown seciton of Nashville. Everyone sits family style at shared tables and food is brought in a steady stream from the kitchen and passed clockwise around the table. biscuits and gravy, scramble eggs, potatoes (fabulous potatoes), cinnamon buns, cheese grits (I love these grits...and I'm not even a grit gal), ham, bacon, sausage, the BEST fried chicken...oh yes...buttermilk pancakes. I'm sure I'm forgetting something...unbelievably. We met Mark Kendall, the eldest son of good friends of ours. He is a recent VAnderbilt graduated grad student. with a new job...he's working as a videographer for Wynonna Judd...his first day was Friday at her autograph signing at the CMA Fest. We had a great time visiting with him (in between bites of all that food)

Peg, Jeff and Mark,




No comments: